The IPCC report from October 2018 laid out aggressive new goals that the world must meet to prevent the worst consequences of climate change
- A 45% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2030 (as compared to 2010 levels)
- Net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050
Dominion Energy has made it clear they have no intention on meeting that goal. Dominion continues to build new fossil fuel infrastructure. This is incompatible with meeting IPCC goals.
- Dominion is the lead stakeholder in the Atlantic Coast Pipeline, which is a 600 mile long natural gas pipeline. It would double Virginia’s carbon emissions.
- Dominion recently spent 1.3 Billion dollars to build a new natural gas power station. They claim natural gas is “clean-burning” – it is not. They intend to use the station for 36 years, well past the deadline for zero emissions.
- Dominion has told its investors that it intends to reduce its carbon output by only 55% by 2030 and 80% by 2050.